Ahh, Sunday mornings. You either hate them or love them. For me, I have decided to turn over a new leaf and try to like them.
I found a smoothie recipe book at Barnes and Noble called, “Healthy Smoothie Recipe Book: Easy Mix-and-Match Smoothie Recipes for a Healthier You” by Jennifer Koslo. I really like this book because it divides each section into smoothies that do different things for you like detox or immune support just to name a few.
I decided to go with the smoothie recipe, “Matcha Morning” because it look really good and also because I basically had all of the ingredients.
These are of my ingredients that I gathered from my kitchen.
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk; I really like Trader Joe’s unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt; I use Fage Total
- 1 cup of frozen bananas; the original recipe calls for 1/2 cup but I love to use lots of frozen banana chunks in smoothies because they make the smoothie super creamy
- 1/2 cup of spinach; the original recipe calls for frozen spinach but I didn’t have any on hand
- 1/4 cups of rolled oats; I use Target’s rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons of matcha powder; I use Nature’s Truth Stone Ground matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of frozen mango chunks (not in original recipe)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract (not in original recipe)
The smoothie takes around 3 minutes to blend together. My altered recipe made about a glass and a half of smoothie and it was super filling. I definitely recommend this recipe if you have a little more time on your hands because it does take a few minutes to gather everything together.