I have recently turned 23 (yay!) and reflecting on this, and after being inspired by Mattie Marie’s post, “21 Lessons Learned in 21 Years” and I wanted to make my own, so thank you, Mattie! Check out her site, it is just too cute :).
Anywho, 23… to some this may not seem old, but to me, I do feel old, but in a way in which I am happy with where I am and what I have learned thus far.
Lessons Learned over 23 years
Here are 23 lessons that I have learned over my 23 years.
- It’s ok that things take time. Most of the time when this happens, the situation will turn out better than you will expect.
- Living abroad for 4 months is one of the best decisions you will make it college
- High school friends who turn out to not be so wonderful will give you life lessons and experiences that made that hardship worth it.
- Push yourself, but not too hard.
- Cherish your red hair.
- Don’t look for others to give you fulfillment, look for it in yourself
- You will love coffee but try not to drink too much of it
- Enjoy those precious moments with your family, even if they annoy sometimes
- You can never have too many books
- Express yourself and do not be afraid to pursue new hobbies.
- Write as often as you can.
- Your mom will always be there for you.
- Don’t let others take advantage of your shyness, speak up for yourself.
- Ask for help from your teachers, from your parents, friends, coworkers.
- Laugh till you cry.
- Eat that slice of cake
- Don’t fret over how you look, one day you will appreciate the body that you are in and all that it can do.
- Learning the piano from the age of 5 is a good thing, trust me.
- Appreciate your older brother, even if he can be a little annoying.
- Every day, do something that makes you happy.
- Don’t be afraid to pursue photography, you will absolutely love it.
- Pets are irreplaceable.
- Take a break from technology once in a while, you will appreciate that time away.
That’s all I got folks! What are some life lessons you have learned?
xo HelloMadds 🙂