Going on an adventure
As I have previously mentioned, I am heading off on a two week trip to Scotland!
I am super excited to be heading to Scotland with a dear friend of mine from July 31st through August 15th! We have been planning for this trip for months and are so excited to fly half way across the world to start our next adventure!
Scotland Trip Plans
While two weeks is not enough to see all that Scotland has to offer, we have planned our trip to see quite a bit of it!
- Glasgow– August 1st- 5th: We will be arriving in Glasgow on August 1st and will be staying at an Airbnb until the 5th. We would like to see as much as we can but within a budget!
- Highlands & Isle of Skye– August 5th- 7th: After Glasgow, we will be going on a 3 day, 2 night tour of the Highlands and Isle of Skye. The tour will be going on is through GetYourGuide and I am excited to discover that part of Scotland.
- Edinburgh– August 7th – 11th: After returning from the tour, we will catch a train from Glasgow to Edinburgh where we will be staying in a hostel. Wish me luck that the 10 person room we are staying in is ok! In Edinburgh, we hope to see as many things as possible, but to also enjoy our time there.
- Driving tour of the east coast– August 11th-14th: During the last leg of our trip, we will be driving around the east coast of Scotland and staying in Dundee for one night and Aberdeen for two night and then the last night of our trip, August 14th, we will be staying near the Glasgow airport. I will be driving the car and I’m a wee bit nervous about driving on the opposite side of the road and car, but I’m sure I can handle it. I am very excited about this portion of the trip because we will have the opportunity to just drive around and stop wherever. Scotland looks so scenic, I’m sure we will see some beautiful things!
Where I found my Scotland ideas
*Note, this section is copied from my previous post. It was just too useful to not use again*
Finding information and ideas about visiting Scotland isn’t hard because it is everywhere! Where I’ve found my information and inspiration is:
- Pinterest: My friend and I have made a joint board where we have been pining like a couple of mad women for the past half year. If you need to find inspiration, check out this board.
- Youtube: Scotland is a beautiful country and I’ve found that watching Youtube videos has really gotten me excited to see the country first hand. Go over to my Youtube channel to see a list of videos I have curated that are all about Scotland.
- Lonely Planet Guide: I’ve always enjoyed Lonely Planet’s guide books so I decided to purchase their Scotland guide book early and I am so happy that I did. It is chalk full of all kind of information like trip itineraries and honest reviews for creating a budget for you trip.
Post Trip Plans
After my return from my trip and sleep for 20 hours straight to overcome that jet lag, I plan to start working on some great posts that will highlight my trip!
Some of my ideas include:
- Packing list for Scotland in August
- Top 10 things to do in Scotland for first timers
- Top 10 things to do in Edinburgh for first timers
- Top 10 things to do in Glasgow for first timers
- Airbnb’s vs. Hostels in Scotland
- How to save for your trip and when’s the best time to buy tickets/accommodations
- Photo diary of my trip
- This one will have to be broken down into each section of the trip because I’m sure I will have lots of photos to share!
I cannot wait to leave for Scotland and experience all that is has to offer! Thanks for reading my post and make sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook and to sign up for my newsletter to receive weekly updates!